We just got back from the first meeting with the doctor. We did get to hear the heartbeat, but it was still pretty faint. She said that's because Jordan's about 2 inches long and moving around a lot. The heart rate is currently 160 beats per minute, which is good. My blood pressure has dropped to a "good" zone, so she wasn't too concerned with that.
She said I am allowed to help paint as long as it is water-based, and I have to use one of those face breathing masks. They didn't mention anything about my weight gain. With them, no news is good news, so I'm on track. I've gained 6 lbs since my annual check up in November, and that's not bad considering that includes the pre-pregnancy holidays. :-)
Our next doctor's appt is May 9th. Then there will be a second sonogram between 18 & 20 weeks, which is somewhere between May 23 & June 10. That will be the first chance to find out whether we're having a boy or a girl.
2 comments:
This is so exciting, I can't stand it.
Yea! Glad things are going well! We used the HECK out of Jim's travel system. I'll be getting a new one for Cameron. It travelled many times by plane and to numerous states via car and held up well. It was lightweight, easy to handle, and was great for storage. So tell Roy that "travel systems" are THE way to go :)
Post a Comment