Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quick update

Jordan is doing much better. On Tuesday night, both Dondi and Matt became sick. According to the pediatrician, Matt definitely didn't have the flu (it was a viral upper respiratory infection); Dondi's doctor didn't test her for anything, saying she likely had the flu. But, as she is not a candidate to receive tamiflu, she was told to go home and rest. She was back up and moving pretty quickly, so I personally don't think she had the flu, but most of my medical training came from the 1980s sitcom Doogie Howser, M.D., so maybe I'm wrong.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and bad cough; fortunately my allergist sees patients on Saturday mornings and I went in. I have a viral upper respiratory infection (like Matt), and the early stages of a bacterial sinus infection.

So we're a real fun bunch, though we're not contagious. But it sounds like lungs are forever being hacked up over here. :)

No comments: